Brownies are my all time favorite dessert and this decadent brownie takes it to next level with the addition of perfect combo – peanut butter and bananas. Moist and perfect, these brownies taste delicious
I have prepared these brownie several times in the past both with creamy smooth peanut butter and crunchy peanut butter , for me the winner is the crunchy peanut butter brownies. The crunchy peanut butter lends in additional flavor
The first time, I had prepared this, I had sliced the brownies immediately once it was completely cooled and second time, I sliced it after gap of 16 hours. The second time, brownie tasted amazingly delicious. The flavors of banana and peanut butter had completely set in taking it’s taste to next level
If using smooth peanut butter, you can always add in nuts or chopped peanuts for the crunchy taste
Do try and let me know how it turned out for you
Preparation time: 10 mins Cooling time: 14 hours Baking time: 20 mins
- 2 big ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
Steps to prepare
- Preheat oven to 180 deg cel, line square tin with baking paper. Alternatively grease square tin. Add 1 tbsp cocoa butter on greased tray and tap gently to spread all over. I generally use baking paper as it helps me ease the brownies out of the pan easily
- In a bowl, mash banana
- Add melted butter and sugar.
- Mix until well combined
- Add vanilla extract
- Add cocoa, salt and flour.
- Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour batter in prepared square tin
- Now using small rounded spoon add peanut butter on top.
- Swirl it using knife.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until just done. Do not over bake else brownies will be hard
- Allow brownies to cool completely before slicing.
- I have sliced it after 18 hours, this allowed the flavors of banana and peanut butter to settle in. The brownies tasted absolutely smashing!
- Slice and serve
5 replies on “Banana Peanut Butter Brownies”