Rich, tender, and delicious, this summer season, it’s time to prepare the Pound cake with luscious Mango and you would ask for more. Absolutely delectable showstopper and it’s so easy to prepare with fewer ingredients, this is one dessert , you definitely need to try if you love the succulent Mangoes.
I am sure we all love pound cake, so what’s better than pound cake? Cream cheese pound cake?? Absolutely yes!!, what makes it even better, is the presence of sweet mouth watering Mangoes. Pound cakes generally do not require any glaze and can be served as-is , however, this time, I have topped it with Mango cream cheese glaze and the taste was quite divine. You can skip the glaze if required but I would recommend it as I found it totally fab!
Pound cake is a traditionally made with a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. Since I wanted to make this cake without eggs, I have tried this using condensed milk/yogurt as egg replacer and both taste equally good. This time, I wanted to do it with yogurt so here is my successful experiment below
Generally eggs give better rise and fluffier texture so with eggless cakes, leavening agents definitely play an important role so do not skip them. What makes this cake more interesting is the presence of cream cheese, which gives you nice silky smooth texture to the glaze and the cake. Unlike regular pound cake, cream cheese cakes will have slightly denser texture and rich taste
While demolding the cake from this designer bundt pan, I had little bit stuck to the pan hence the cake didn’t look as beautiful as I expected, but, still happy with the outcome.
Since I am a big fan of Mango, I have a good collection of mango recipes on my blog. You can check out my Mango recipes collection so far, by clicking on the link below:
Do also try my Eggless Whole wheat coffee Pound cake
Do watch the video for better clarity in preparation and share your experience once you bake the cake
*All ingredients should be at room temperature
*If using Bundt pan, then always prepare it, while the batter is almost done . It’s best to use Cooking spray or Shortening-flour-oil mix while greasing Bundt pan
**Cream cheese pound cake will take slightly longer time to bake than regular pound cake but do not over bake it
***It’s best to refrigerate leftovers in airtight container, thaw it and then serve it
Preparation time: 20 mins Baking time: 45 mins Total time: 65 mins
- 130g Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 75g soft unsalted butter
- 75g Creamcheese
- 150g Sugar
- 8 tbsp yogurt
- 4 tbsp Mango puree
- Pinch of Saffron colour – optional
Mango Cream cheese Glaze
- 27g Cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp soft Butter
- 3 tbsp Mango puree
Steps to prepare
- Preheat oven to 170 deg cel. Grease 8″ cake tin
- Sieve dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda) and keep it aside
- Blend butter and cream cheese in a bowl until smooth
- Add sugar and blend until well combined
- Now add yogurt, mango puree and saffron food colour. Blend until well combined
- Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Pour the batter into prepared cake tin
- Level the batter and tap the tin on the counter several times to release air bubbles
- Bake for 40-55 minutes until done
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Demould the cake and cool the cake completely on wire rack
- Cake tastes best when served next day, this allows flavors to set in completely
- Since the cake contain cream cheese, it’s best to refrigerate the cake.
- For Glaze:-
- In a bowl, add butter, cream cheese and mango puree
- Add powdered sugar and mix well
- Just warm the mixture for 20-30 seconds, this will make the glaze of pourable consistency
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake. Slice and serve the delectable pound cake
- Store leftovers in airtight container and refrigerate. Consume within 4 days
- Alternatively freeze the cake for a month, thaw and serve
4 replies on “Eggless Mango Cream cheese Pound Cake with Mango Cream cheese Glaze”
Mango pound sounds like a tasty cake. Thanks for the recipe.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a lot ❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
So beautiful, and I’m sure delicious!
Thanks a lot ❤️ and yes, it is indeed delicious 😋
LikeLiked by 1 person